BackwardsmaX

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heatwave Poem

Shall i compare thee to a summer's Day,
since that is what you are
You're at the beach? I'm on my way
I'll just pack up my car.
Picnic basket
thermos flask- it
holds the tea
for you and me.
sausage rolls and scotchy eggs
speedos shorts and hairy legs
tie a hankie- kiss me quick
forget the prafs from Candlewick.
Now we're packed its time to go
Start the engine so-and....So...
it's once more unto the beach dear friends
After all it's the weekend
There is a spot on brighton pier
I always visit this time of year
Ours is not to wonder why
the sun is bright in the light blue sky,
ours is but to burn and fry
like sardines on crowded beaches
the most contented of God's creatures
Forget the lessons that life teaches-
the Sartres, Platos, nagging Niezches
It's hard to think 'bout philosophies
when its nigh on 30 degrees
So forget about philosophising
After all the heat is rising
Just take one word of sage advice-
Don't forget to pack the ICE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home