BackwardsmaX

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Poem about Stationery

I've been away but now i'm back
From Glastonbury in a plastic mac
To sicily with worn rucksack,
on highways and byways and less beaten tracks
But all the while one thing I lacked
Stationery.

I searched up high, and looked down low
From etna's peak all capped with snow
then In the sea, through currents flow
But to no avail, and now I know
that without these things life feels so
Stationary.

I looked up questioningly at the sky
I beat my chest and asked it WHY?
Though I might break down and Cry
but without tissues realised I
would have nothing with which to dry my eyes
what i needed ironic-ly
I came to realise with a sigh
was Stationery

And so at last I have returned
Into my head one thought was burned
And in my gut one feeling churned
Throughout my travels one thing I learned
(and this goes out to all concerned):
If you want to get by without being spurned
Or write up minutes of meetings adjourned
Or total up the cash you've earned
Or make a decision you have discerned
Or even get your Hair blue permed
You'll need stationery!

(The last was a lie if you hadn't guessed
But I promise i was truthful about the rest.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home