BackwardsmaX

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Poems I have written about people you have never met before (unless you have met them before) leaving the nameless company that I work for. (number 4)

For Anna who is Irish and lovely.


Anna Baxter Irish lassie:
Open, friendly, always classy.
Often smiley, never formal
She can be, maybe, sometimes normal
Though I don’t intend to upset her
What I mean is she's much better
Than normal any other time
For further proof consult this rhyme.

Just what to say then 'bout our Anna?
She has a most endearing manner
A manner which leaves us all bereft
Once she's turned away and left.
I don't remember when she came-
For that my studies are to blame-
But when I got here and I saw her
I knew my life would be much poorer
If she decided to depart
And take along her massive heart.
But now that day has come our way
The day when Anna walks away
From her individual and sartorial
Take on all things editorial.
I can't believe it, force a smile
Swimming in Egypt- in denial.

Her hair is dark, the skirts much brighter,
This glamour driven copyrighter
Is the only girl who'll Accessorise
Her skirt and handbag with her eyes,
And brightly coloured knee length socks
You could even say she rocks,
Yet all the while this fashionista
Worked wonders with our humble Vista.
She's oft concerned with mates to boot
Telling all to eat more fruit.
Though to me this doesn't sit quite right
For I have seen her out at night
And when most would come a cropper
There seems no way that drink can stop her.
She's a machine for drinking wine
And come next morning always fine
(Actually that is a White lie
Sometimes she is not so sprightly).

Handbags and Gladrags quite aside
Her reputation far and wide
She's spread around this place called Walker
She is, you see, a superb talker.
Though Anna won't monopolise
She's far too friendly, far too wise.
Not full of ego and nor a flatterer
More a kind of 'What's the matter-er?'
Or a 'how are you?' and 'how's it going?'
'What you doing?', 'What you knowing?'
There always seems a kind of vacuum
When Anna's turned and left the room
To be sure she'll never be replaced
However much we fill the space
And when another is employed
Still there will remain a void
Of Anna-ness willy nilly,
We'll have to get the Picadilly
Line to Knightsbridge where she's embarking
On a career in Handbag Clerking.

One thought occurs to me before I finish
And that regards how to diminish
Anna's overwhelming passion
For anything to do with fashion.
She's a hard worker, rarely shirks
But how will Anna ever work
In Harrods with its many perks?
It'll drive old Al-Fayed berserk
For frankly there will be no stopping
Her dumping work and going shopping!

So a fond farewell, Hasta Manana!
Raise your glasses...Here's to Anna!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home