BackwardsmaX

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

OK Commuter - a short poem about getting to work

I try to refrain from going insane when I get on the train that takes me to work.

I start off quite calm with no malice or harm...'til someone pulls the alarm on the train that takes me to work.

From then it's a battle to maintain my mood at-all while we stand crushed like cattle not moo-ving on the train that takes me to work.

Then the phone babble of berks, the bad breath and the jerks all send me beserk before I get off the train that takes me to work.

Once at my destination I sit at my work-station with defenestration on my mind as I sit down to work.

But by the end of my shift my mood always lifts just in time for the equally swift train going back home from work.

And by the time I arrive I thank god I'm alive. Tomorrow I'll drive and never again get on the train that addles my brain and eventually takes me to work.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home